Design and Technology
It is the intent of Bugle School to design and build a Design Technology curriculum which develops learning and results in the acquisition of knowledge and skills. Children will know more, remember more, understand more,
Design Technology (materials) is to be taught in all year groups through the spring term whereas Design Technology (cooking and nutrition) is to be linked cross-curricular and taught through at least two topics per year – linking to other subjects taught.
Key objectives of intent, based on the National Curriculum 2014 guidance:
- Products to be made for a purpose
- Individuality should be ensured in children’s design and construction of products
- Delivery of two strands: Designing, Making and Evaluating and Cooking and Nutrition.
- More emphasis to be given on creating ‘innovative’ products in KS2.
- Teaching the importance of making on-going changes and improvements during making stages.
- Looking into seasonality of ingredients and how they are grown, caught or reared.
- Researching key events and individual designers in the History of Technology.