Bugle School is a partner in the East Hub of three schools within the Aspire Academy Trust. The Hub consists of Bugle School, Biscovey Academy and Biscovey Nursery & Infants' Academy.
We have joined together in a unique and exciting partnership that will ensure better provision, richer resources, and higher standards for all our pupils.
Each school brings its unique strengths to the Hub and all four schools work closely together, along with other schools in the Aspire Trust to achieve the best possible outcomes for all the children in our care. Succession planning is built into the Hub ethos – capacity is developed within and beyond each school and across the Hub and the Trust - through the measured development of leaders at all levels.
Each of the individual schools works together on areas for improvement and achievement both across the Hub and for each individual school within it.
Our staff and pupils enjoy shared resources, good practice, joint trips, camps and sports fixtures.
We don’t just expect our pupils to achieve what is average or expected, but for them to excel both academically and in character. Our expected targets for both academic and personal success will be set above what is average or normal.
The Aspire Academy Trust is determined to raise standards of educational achievement to the very highest levels, to ensure an education for the future by providing a world class education, through the delivery of an innovative and relevant curriculum, delivered by outstanding staff, using strategic partnerships within and beyond the Trust.
To do this we work together as one - in a true spirit of collegiality: inspiring an unwavering drive for excellence in all we do and always with the principles of :
Aspiration Spirit Passion Integrity Resilience Excellence
Every Aspire academy is accountable to the Trust Board. A Hub council is perfectly positioned to facilitate this and to ensure the academies within it can realistically meet the requirements of the Trust.
Hub Councillors, in partnership with academies, communicate and work in conjunction with the Board to provide a vital link and additional level of accountability.
- Focus on consistently improving outcomes for all pupils but especially for disadvantaged pupils.
- Provide challenge and support to leaders at all levels in the Hub
- Monitor the performance and progress of the academies in the Hub, agreeing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and monitoring the Hub Improvement Plan
- Strategic oversight of the curriculum
- Take all aspects of safeguarding and well -being seriously and appoint a designated Safeguarding Council member
- Conduct an annual self- evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of the Hub Councils and academies improvement activities
- Promote Trust vision, policies and priorities
- Councillors are confident in their evaluations and understanding, and do not shy away from challenging leaders about variations in outcomes for pupil groups, especially between disadvantaged and other pupils
- Councillors monitor the effectiveness of the actions leaders take to secure and sustain improvements to teaching, learning and assessment and effectively hold them to account for this. This is communicated effectively to the Board and the Hub Director through the minutes of the Hub Council meetings
- To carry out Safeguarding duties as detailed in the monitoring programme
Our Hub Councillors are Mr Damian Knight and Mrs Dawn Lambert.